functional, holistic remedies for modern folks

h2o2  hydrogen peroxide structure 400
This is the only germicidal agent composed just of water and oxygen and it kills pathogenic organisms by oxidation!  How? Microorganisms die when it gets oxidized, and the peroxide breaks down into

water and oxygen. It is the world safest natural effective sanitizer.

Three percent hydrogen peroxide bottle from a drug store costs about $1.00 and it has many amazing uses:

1. No more canker sores and whiten teeth - as a mouth wash, take one capful (use the white cap that came with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. Your teeth will beautifully and effortlessly be whitened.

NOTE: Do not swallow any peroxide. When the peroxide rinse is done, be sure to rinse out your mouth with water.

2. Soak your toothbrush in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Use baking soda and add enough 3% peroxide to make a tooth paste.

4. Clean your countertops and table tops to kill germs and leave a fresh smell.

5. After cleaning your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

6. Feet Fungus - spray with 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water every night and let dry.

7. Soak any infection or cuts in 3% peroxide for 5-10 minutes several times a day.  This even treats gangrene that would not heal with any medicine.

8. Disinfect bathrooms with 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water without harming your septic system like bleach or omost other disinfectants will.

9. Whenever you have a cold and plugged sinus, tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture.  It will bubble and kill the bacteria. Hold for few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue. Others have used it effectively in their ears to treat upper respitory infections.

10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist, put a capful of 3% peroxide in your mouth and hold for 10 minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.  It is not a pain killer, but due to it's anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is effective at treating the pathogen that is causing the infection.

11. Put a half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. Your body makes it's own hydrogen peroxide to fight infections. That's right. When neutrophils, a sub-class of white blood cells, encounter toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses and yeast, it's first line of defense is to make H2O2.

13. Add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to load of laundry to whiten the whites. If there is blood on the clothing or carpet, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

14. Use peroxide to clean mirrors. There is no smearing.

15. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide-burnt blode hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.

16. Use as a vegetable wash or soak to kill bacteria and neutralize chemicals. Spray with 3% peroxide, let stand for few minutes, rinse and dry.

Combination of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide make a cheap, effective and non-toxic disinfectant agent and is said to be more effective at killing pathogens than bleach.  As it is non-toxic, you can use it to disinfect fruits and vegetables, as well as pet toys, equipment and cages.  In tests run at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, pairing Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide mists, kills virtually all Salmonella, Shigella, or E. coli bacteria on heavily contaminated food and surfaces.


You need TWO spray bottles. DO NOT MIX the solutions together. Put straight vinegar in one and straight Hydrogen peroxide in the other spray bottle.

NOTE: Light destroys peroxide rather quickly. It’s best to leave it in its original bottle and screw in a spray head. DO NOT DILUTE THEM.

Remember for any sanitizer to work properly, the surface has to be clean before you use it.

When you want to sanitize a surface (vegetables, cutting board, counters, sink, cages, toys. toilets, floors, etc.), spray one (it doesn’t matter which one you use first) on the surface, then you spray on the other.  When they mix, for a brief time the chemical action of the two make a very powerful sanitizer.  You can rinse off the surface afterwards, if you want, but the result is non-toxic.
Use it in the bathroom to sanitize the counters, toilets, floors, etc.

17. Rejuvenating Detoxifying Bath - Use about 2 quarts 3% Hydrogen peroxide to a tub of warm water. Soak at least 1/2 hour, adding hot water as needed to maintain a comfortable water temperature.

18. Disinfect your dishwasher or refrigerator. You can add 2 oz. to your regular washing solutions per load of dishes.

19. Use it on trees and plants as a natural fungicide, insecticide, and as a weed killer. - undetermined.

20. Clean with peroxide when your house becomes a biohazard after its invade by toxic mold, such as those with water damage.

21. Humidifiers/Steamers - Use 1 pint 3% Hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon of water.

22. Marinade - Use equal parts of water and 3% peroxide to cover meat, fish or poultry in a casserole dish. Do not use aluminium pans. Refrigerate 1/2 hr. Rinse and cook.

23. Sprouting Seeds

Add 1 ounce 3% Hydrogen peroxide to 1 pint of water and soak the seeds overnight.

24. Fights acne.

35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide: This is used in the production of foods like cheese, eggs, and whey-containing products. It is also sprayed on the foil lining of aseptic packages containing fruit juices and milk products. THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE RECOMMENDED FOR INTERNAL USE. At this concentration, however, hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer and if not diluted, it can be extremely dangerous or even fatal. Any concentrations over 10% can cause neurological reactions and damage to the upper gastrointestinal tract. There have been two known fatalities in children who ingested 27% and 40% concentrations of H202. Another reports tells of a 26 month old female who swallowed one mouthful of 35% H202. She immediately began vomiting, followed by fainting and respiratory arrest. Fortunately, she was under emergency room care and although she experienced erosion and bleeding of the stomach and esophagus, she survived the incident. When she was re-examined 12 days later, the areas involved had healed (J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 90;28(1):95-100).

35% Food Grade H202 must be….

1. Direct contact will burn the skin - handle carefully. Flush immediate with water..

2. Dilute properly before use.

3. Store safely and properly (after making a dilution the remainder should be stored tightly sealed in the freezer).

One of the most convenient methods of dispensing 35% H202 is from a small glass eye dropper bottle. These can be purchased at your local drugstore. Fill this with the 35% H202 and store the larger container in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator until more is needed. Store the eye dropper bottle in the refrigerator. The drops are mixed with either 6 to 8 ounces of distilled water, juice, aloe vera juice or gel.

(Don’t use chlorinated tap water to dilute the peroxide!)